an action or event marking a significant change or stage in development
When setting a goal, no matter how big or small, there are always going to be steps to achieve that goal.
Some steps may be bigger than others, while others are smaller and easier to complete.
Some days you may accomplish 3 steps, and other days you may step back one, and that’s okay.
It’s all a part of the process!
One of the things we, as coaches, try to encourage with our clients is seeing the bigger picture and celebrating the small accomplishments or milestones they hit along the way.
This may look like:
- Fitting into an old pair of jeans
- Losing 1 pound
- Hitting your goal of walking for 10 min twice that week
- Not drinking soda or decreasing to 1 can of soda a day (this applies to alcohol too!)
- Cooking meals at home (like having breakfast at home each day)
- Increase the weight you’re using
- Movements in your daily life, such as climbing the stairs, getting out of bed, lifting something overhead, etc. feel EASIER
- Buy new clothes to fit your current weight loss
- You see MUSCLES!
- You start to look forward to exercise
Milestones, no matter how big or small, are something to celebrate!
Write it on a calendar or in your journal. Text or call a friend to share your milestone. Tell your dog. And most definitely share with your coach! Any milestone is worth acknowledging, because it helps to fuel the fire to keep progressing towards your end goals!
Are you ready to start hitting milestones to reach your goals?
Connect with us today and get started!